Did you know there is a parasite called fox lungworm? Its proper name is crenosoma vulpis. It affects dogs and foxes and is found in many areas of the world, including here in the UK. Fox lungworm can be prevented using a simple spot-on treatment ...
Double the trouble but twice the fun. This is Baby and Bear, they both came in today for their neutering. Don't you just love their big brown eyes?
Dogs can become infected by a parasite called whipworm. If they eat eggs that have been passed in the faeces of infected dogs, these worms can form and live in their large intestine - with large burdens causing symptoms such as diarrhoea. The best...
Does your dog eat fox poo? A UK study showed that 68% of foxes are infected with fox hookworm and dogs are at risk of contracting this via eating their faeces. Speak to us about the products available to prevent your dog becoming infected.
***FOUND *** This little cat was found in Leatherhead and handed into us as a stray. She has been walking round for a few days.If you recognise her please call 01306 883086
This Sunday is the Prudential Bike Race. This means that there are road closures in and around Dorking. The emergency clinic is still being held at dorking from 10-11am. The duty vet will also be contactable from 9am-6pm. Please phone 01306 88308...
Today we said goodbye to one of our wonderful Nurses, Gemma. After 6 years of working with our team, it's safe to say we're all upset but we wish her all the best for the future in her new job! 🎉
*** REUNITED *** 🐢 FOUND 🐢 This beautiful little tortoise was brought in to our Dorking surgery today after being found on Beare Green railway line. If you recognise her please give us a call on 01306883086.
Did you know dogs can become infected by a parasite called whipworm? These worms are found in the UK and when eaten, live in the dog’s large intestine, feeding on blood and tissue fluid. Sounds disgusting? Then speak to us about how we can preve...
Little Jessie came in this week for her spay. She is such a lovely girl with the most amazing ears. She was very well behaved. Can anyone guess what 2 breeds she is?? 🐶🐾🐶
Roundworms can infect puppies and kittens via their mother’s milk, meaning that they need protection from these parasites from a young age. For further advice about treating young puppies and their mother, please speak to us.
This is Willow. One of our Hedgehog patients. She came in today to have a mass removed from her ear. She was a star. ⭐️
Don’t wait until you find a flea on your pet, prevention is always the best policy when it comes to flea treatment. Applying a prescription strength spot-on medication can stop flea allergic dermatitis and make your pet feel much happier. Ask u...
How are you keeping your pets cool during this heat? Have you made any animal ice lollies? Milly likes to keep cool in her pool. Let us know in the comments below.
REUNITED thank you to everyone who has shared. 😀FOUND IN BOOKHAMThis morning we have had a dog handed in at our Bookham surgery. It is a elderly male black and white spaniel. He is currently under our care at Dorking.If anyone has any i...
Dirofilaria repens is the name for a worm that is found in Europe and elsewhere in the world, but luckily not in the UK or Ireland. It still remains a threat to travelling pets though as it can live under the skin of dogs causing itchiness and der...
Bunnies get sick too. Being prey animals rabbits (and Guineas pigs) are very good at hiding when they are painful or ill. Therefore it is important to check them daily and monitor things like food and water intake and passing urine and faeces. If ...
Just a reminder to look after your pups and other pets in this hot weather ☀️🐶🐱🐰🐹
Ear mites are eight legged parasites that can infect dogs and cats. They are a “surface mite”, which means they do not burrow into the skin but live on the surface of the skin in the outer ear canal. These parasites can cause your pet to feel ...
Today was a very girlie puppy party at Gomshall. Meet Crumble, Millie, Bella, Daisy and Maisie. (Some of them were a little camera shy) 🐶🐾🐶
Angiostrongylus vasorum is the proper name for lungworm and is carried by slugs and snails. Once eaten by a dog, the worm will live in the heart and arteries and because of this the condition can prove to be fatal. Prevention is much easier than t...
Download the Newsletterread more
PLEASE SHARE: Young female kitten found in Bookham. Please contact the surgery if you recognise herread more
PLEASE SHARE: Due to a change in personal circumstance this cute little boy' is looking for a new home. He is just over a year old and is very affectionate. Please contact the surgery if you are interested in adopting him. Thank...read more
PLEASE SHARE: trying to find the owners of a small Yorkshire terrier who has a Russian microchip... Possibly may have come from a family who have emigrated here otherwise someone who has rescued a dog from...read more
We hope you like the new site, we have added lots of new features and given it a general spruce up.read more
Station Road Gomshall Surrey GU5 9LE
Tel: 01483 205066
20 Knoll Road Dorking Surrey RH4 3EP
Tel: 01306 883086
Rothwell House Church Road Bookham Surrey KT23 3JP
Tel: 01372 452531